by Aida, English Learner
I like to study with tutor Sally because she helps me a lot to improve my English. I love to meet her at the Harding Place YMCA weekly. I prefer to have the meeting at this place for the following reasons:
- We have a quiet table where we can sit.
- I have to come to the YMCA because my kids have a Tae Kwon Do class and also my husband likes to exercise. Therefore, I have time to sit with my tutor. The whole family comes in one car to the Y, so I don’t have to drive separately to meet my tutor.
- Sometimes my teacher, Sally, brings an educational game to play with my whole family. Since we have started to play that game, my kids have become more motivated to come to the Y to play with us and then to participate in their class. In addition, my children like to prepare the game at home in order to share it with us at my study session.
- Having my tutoring at the Y gives my children more security because even though they don’t watch me during class, they know I’m there.
- After my tutoring is up, I take a look at my kids to encourage them. They are smiley to see me. After their class, we can swim together.
In conclusion, it has become a custom to see and study with my tutor at this particular place on a particular day. If we miss our meeting for some reason, I feel my day is messed up.